Friday, May 20, 2011

GOD'S GRACE AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE

It all started this morning when I went to use the mouse on my computer and it was doing crazy things, my first thoughts was "my computer has a virus."  I happen to pick up the mouse in desperation to get it to work correctly and realized that there was a “mustard-seed size" of paper wedge by the sensor that causes a "distraction" to the mouse, causing a malfunction.  I chuckled as I thought how easy it is for us to imagine the worse, even with our computer.  Once I removed the tiny piece of paper the mouse worked properly.

People get up every morning of the week thinking the worse.  Being very transparent this morning just a few days ago I got up feeling down.  This is somewhat not my nature.  Why was I feeling down?  I really don't know.  Maybe a chemical imbalance; maybe some medicine I took the night before to relieve me of some aches and pains; or maybe simply an attack of Satan.   I really don't know why but I know how I felt.  Facing reality I prayed through out the day for God's strength.

At the end of the day it occurred to me that I had weathered through the storm.  There was a sense of peace that came over me as I realized that I had made it through the storm and "this house" still stands.  I penned these words in my bible that evening:  Thank you God for your grace and mercy that followed me today.  I made it another day and my faith in you is stronger than the day before.

I am sure there will be another day that Satan will try my faith but thanks be to God who gives me unmerited favor and his mercies are new every morning! 

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."  Lamentations 3: 22 & 23 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful message. Satan's attacks are constant but faith gives me strength and I win. I fall but rise. And when I raise, he falls and is crushed. Thank you Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete