Monday, April 5, 2010

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

"For he is good; and his mercy endureth forever" seem to be words that was sung repeatedly in Solomon's temple. In my devotion this morning I read the following story that I would like to share some of the highlights of the story.

1Tim Lahaye, in one of his more recent books (Jesus, Why The World Is Still Fascinated By Him), tells the story of a singer by the name of Kenny that goes into a high security prison to entertain. As he is squeezed through the doorway into the tight security area, the prisoners began in an angry voice to chant "Music! Music! Music!" This six foot five man with his cowboy boots on, trembled as he looked up to heaven, in one of the known toughest prisons in the nation, and prayed Lord, what do you want me to say to these men? He begin to strum a few chords on his guitar and before he realized it he was singing a song that he had learned as a child:
"Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so."
The prisoners began to chant again, but this time with tears flowing down the cheeks of many of the prisoners they were telling Kenny to sing it again! As he begin to sing again, several of the prisoners began to join in and sing with him. Through this song God had melted the hearts of many of those "hard hearted" prisoners.

My point is that God is good and that His love is everlasting and can melt the hearts of those that do not know what it is to have joy.

My older sister and I attempted to sing this song when we were children in church. I am so glad that a long time ago I learned the basic truth that Jesus, loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so!

"...For he is good, and his mercy endureth forever..." 2 Chronicles 5:13

1Jesus, Why The World Is Still Fascinated By Him, pg. 146-148 by Tim LaHaye

No comments:

Post a Comment