Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WHO'S LISTED IN YOUR BOOK?

In the last several days I have devoted time to reading two different books, with events that separated them by over 3000 years. One is The Three Sucess Secrets of Shamgar. The other is "Let's Roll" by Lisa Beamer. (I have other books of this nature on my book shelf like The Simultaneous Principle, by Frank G. Tunstall, Azusa East by Dr. Doug Beacham, and Old Time Power by Vinson Synan.) All of the above are great books that deals with history and does a great job in complimenting men and women of great faith in God.

I was especially captivated with the story of Shamgar. It is taken from the bible in Judges 3:31 & 5:6. In less than 50 words it tells us of a farmer that single handed killed 600 Philistines with a ox goad. The three basic points mentioned in The Three Success Secrets of Shamgar were:
  • Start where you are
  • Use what you have
  • Do all you can
There are many people, both young and old, that I would consider great men and ladies of faith. I am grateful that I am surrounded by people that love God and in my book (which is unwritten) they are listed among the heroes of faith!

Who's listed in your book?

No comments:

Post a Comment