Friday, January 21, 2011

I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS...

"I remember you, the kindness of your youth..."  Jeremiah 2:2a

Oswald Chambers in his devotional "His Utmost For His Highest" brings out this thought that made me reflect on my youth this morning.  He asked the question, "Am I as spontaneously kind to God as I used to be, or am I only expecting God to be kind to me?...How much kindness have I shown Him this past week?...Am I as full of the extravagance of love to Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him?  Does He find me recalling the time when I did not care for anything but Himself?... Am I so in love with Him that take no account of where I go? or am I watching for the respect due to me; weighing how much service I ought to give?"

These are very provoking questions that at the end of the week that we probably ought to ask ourselves.  As a youth I lived in a Christian home and lived what some would defined as a "sheltered life."   There were certain things that as a youth, my parents "sheltered" me from.  To some degree I still live a sheltered life, but now of my own choice.  I choose not to put myself in uncomfortable situations, and when I find myself in that situation I am looking for an escape.  I want to be kind to God as I were as a youth.  To me it is important that I love him as much, and more, as I did in my youth and to show him that love.


My prayer today is "God help me to show my kindness to you as I did in my youth."   I remember those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment