Friday, April 6, 2012

WHAT HURT JESUS THE MOST?

I wondered what hurt Jesus the most. Was it when they tied him and led him to Pilate, the governor? Was it when he heard that Judas had hanged himself? Was it the cry of the people to "crucify him, crucify him"? Was it the beating with whips? Was it the crowning with a crown of thorns? Was it when the people bowed before Jesus and made fun of him, saying, "Hail, King, of the Jews!" Was it when someone spit on him? Was it when some of the soldiers "cast lots" for his clothing? Was it the insults from the people that walked by and said, "You said you could destroy the Temple and build it again in three days. So save yourself! Come down from that cross if you are really the Son of God!" Or was it the nails being driven through the hands and feet of Jesus that hurt Him the most?

Unlike many of us, Jesus did not dwell on His hurts.  No where in scripture do I hear Jesus saying, "What hurt me the most is..."  What Jesus did think about while on the cross was what came forth out of his mouth, "It is finished!"  Triumph, not defeat, was on his mind.

My prayer today is:  "God help me not to dwell on my "hurts and disappointments" but help me to dwell on the victories in my life."  For the "The sufferings we have now are nothing compared to the great glory that will be shown to us" (Romans 8:18).

Scripture for today:  Matthew 27; Mark 15; Luke 22:66-23:56; John 18:29-19-37

2 comments:

  1. I thought about this before I found this article, you said it very well. If Jesus would of said what hurt Him most, I think it would of been when His Father turned His back on His one and only Son, His Son became Sin! I believe His Father wept, even though it doesn't say. And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" That is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"Matthew 27:46

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply and insight. Also thanks for taking time to read this blog. Blessings!

      Delete