Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Light At the End of the Tunnel


Thomas Edison learned thousands of ways of how not to invent the light bulb before being successful at his goal.  Many things that we attempt in life will come with failure but failure is part of the process, not our identity.  Failure does not identify who we are but helps to develop our character.

In my arena of life they are times in preaching that (to use an analogy Bishop Oscar Moore once used) "I felt I came in on four flat tires and the spare tire leaking."  Okay, maybe that analogy is a little to the extreme but hopefully you get the point.  I have been in places attempting to minister to someone and leaving, feeling I failed in what I hoped to accomplish.  However, I'm still preaching, I'm still visiting the sick, I'm still attempting to do ministry.  Why?  Because this is the call on my life and among all the failures there are many success stories to be told.
Today, you may fail miserably at something you attempt, but if it is a worthwhile goal, get up and try and try again.  Eventually you will find the light at the end of your tunnel that will lead to success while on this journey!

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."  Philippians 3:12 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment