Monday, March 11, 2013

The B-I-B-L-E, That's the Book For Me


I read recently of a sports commentator that is noted for the many hours spent watching videos of the teams he will be covering next, interviewing players and coaches, looking for insights about each team.  It is stated, "Over 90 percent of all the information he gathers doesn't get used."  However, when he commentates a game he feel most comfortable and prepared because of the wealth of knowledge he had gathered the week prior to the game.

Our daily devotion is similar.  What you read this morning from God’s Word may not directly apply to your situation today but sometimes it is preparing you for tomorrow.   Maybe it is preparing you for the situation you will face next week or the question you will be asked next month. Reading from God’s Word will give you confidence in the God that you serve and help you to feel comfortable with the message that you share with others.  "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."  

This morning I reflect on the many hours that I spent in church as a child being taught the Bible and am thankful for the workers that devoted hours of their time to gather information to teach me  each week.  I am grateful for my parents that encourage me to read the bible.  Most of all I am thankful for the love that God has placed in my heart for His Word.  My prayer is that I will always be diligent in gathering information from God's Word, preparing my heart for today, tomorrow, and for eternity.

The Psalmist David said, "Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You" (Psalms 119:11 NKJV).

The Apostle Paul said, “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart”  (Galatians 6:9 NKJV).       




1 comment:

  1. Last night at Dodge Prison we ended by singing 'Jesus Loves Me'. Who knows how many of these men, just like you brother Tim, were brought up in homes where the Bible was loved and taught. It is never in vain to implant the Word of God in a little one. How blessed you were to be brought up in a Godly home. Thanks for the devotion.

    ReplyDelete