Wednesday, February 24, 2016

God Built Your Platform

"God has given everyone a platform. Some of those are broad and highly visible, but others are small..." Tony Dungy

The truth is that God designed and built your platform. A platform is defined as "a raised level surface on which people or things can stand." The platform that I am referring to is not made of wood but of a greater substance. It is an elevated place where God has created for you to share your story, and everyone has a story to share. 

There are many shapes and sizes of platforms. Some are small, or seem to be, while others are much larger. However all platforms measure the same when they impact the lives of others, even just one.

Sometimes we step off of our platform. We find ourselves in places where our story is not being seen nor heard. I encourage you to seek God to point you to your platform. Is it social media where you share God's grace and love toward others? Is it on your job where you are given a platform to speak into the lives of others? Is it in church where God has placed you to make a difference? Or most of all, is it a family member, or family members, that God has given you to be a good influence in their life?

My prayer today is Lord; help me to recognize my platform, the place where you have elevated me to speak into the lives of others. If it is through social media, public speaking, or speaking to my neighbor, help me to step up on my platform, stand, and share of your marvelous grace in my life.  In Jesus' name I pray! Amen

"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty" 
I Corinthians1: 27 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment