Friday, September 22, 2017

A GOOD LEADER WILL ATTRACT FOLLOWERS

In the Old Testament an individual by the name of Gideon had so many volunteers that God sent some of them home. Gideon once told the Lord, "I am the least of my father's house." Gideon felt inadequate to lead anyone yet later we read Gideon saying, 
"Then he said to them, Keep your eyes on me. When I come to the edge of the camp, do just as I do" (Judges 7:17 NLT).
It was the Apostle Paul that said, 
"Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example" (Philippians 3:17). 
Gideon and the Apostle Paul both knew how to attract volunteers.

Volunteering often gives us a sense of satisfaction in helping others. We volunteer sometimes because it is just the right thing to do. In my life I have been extremely blessed with a lot of volunteers that wanted to give of their time and talent.
 "Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart"    Elizabeth Andrew
John Maxwell says, "People buy in to the leader, then the vision." 
It is true that you can attract followers if you are a good leader. 
Being a good leader consist of several qualities including a person of a good character. Here are a few of the reasons I volunteer:
   The leader makes me feel needed.
   The leader helps me to find my place.
   The leader shows appreciation for what I do.
   The leader is one that I learn from.
   The leader keeps me "in the loop" by communicating well.
   The leader helps me to see the "big picture".
   The leader helps me to understand why we do what we do.
   
Playing the silly game "Follow the Leader" as a child maybe wasn't so silly after all. Maybe it was about teaching me the life principle of how to follow the leader, and how to become a leader.

In life I will always volunteer for something and imitate those that follow Christ. 

I love to volunteer!


No comments:

Post a Comment