Monday, April 12, 2010

The Howling Dog


For the past 16 years I have lived in a very rural community on the "other side of the railroad tracks." Approximately 1 minute and 49 seconds before I hear the train coming, my daughter's pet, "Max", (a mix between a fyce and a miniature collie) will begin howling. (I read that dogs ears are 40 times more sensitive then ours and I believe Max's ears must be about 60 times more sensitive:) Max cannot stand the sound of the train! Every morning, very early, Max warns us that the train is coming! I mean "very early!"

In reading Revelation 22:12 & 13 in the NCV this morning, it reads "Listen! I am coming soon! I will bring my reward with me, and I will repay each one of you for what you have done. I am alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Max sounds the alarm for me when the train comes but I am sounding the alarm this morning that Jesus is coming soon. I have heard this all of my life, and I still believe it to be true. I truly believe that it could be any moment. I believe the Father is about to say "Go gather my children home."

My prayer to the Lord this morning is as John writes in Revelation 22:20 "Even so, Come, Lord Jesus!

And my prayer for you and me this morning is:
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with
all. Amen." (John 22:21 NCV)

Have a wonderful day in the Lord. It could be today!

No comments:

Post a Comment