Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WHO IS JESUS?

In a couple of weeks I will be preaching in the church that I "cut my teeth" on the back of the pews and I received a higher education from the shrubs that stood beside the church building. (For some reason or another I had to occasionally bring mother one of the limbs from the shrubs.)

There are many great memories I have of spending my childhood in this church with a lot of great people. One of them is when the choir would sing "I Want to Know More About My Lord." I am very grateful for something that was place in my heart that gave me a desire to know more about Him!

This is probably one of the reasons I recently picked up a book at "Books-A-Million" by Charles Swindoll, titled "The Greatest Life of All, Jesus". Charles Swindoll tells in this book of a survey that was taken in a mall in Frisco, Texas a few years ago. The question was asked among mostly 20 to 40 years of age, middle class people, "Who is Jesus?" Some of the answers were:

"That's a trick question. I don't know how to answer that."

"He was, you know... He was just another person that found religion and all that, so it's ...I mean...He's nothing like....He's, of course, a good person and all that..."

"He is...uh...Help me out here. Jesus Christ is, uh...the Son of God?"

There is an occasion in the bible that Jesus was in an home teaching when a man was let down from the roof top. The "religious leaders" was thinking "Who is this man speaking as if he was God?" They too, if a survey had been taken, would probably have had some of the same response some approximately 2000 years ago, "He is...uh...Help me out here. Jesus Christ is, uh..."

Now understand that I am not "poking fun" at anyone but just to say, "Lord, help me know more about you so that I can help others know you better."

Knowing about Jesus is knowing Him personally as Lord of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment