Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SING IN THE CHOIR!

As a child, growing up in a small church environment, anyone could go to the choir.  With only two rows of church pews in the choir I stood in front of the first pew singing from the top of my lungs "When old age is stealing on, and my strength is almost gone, Hold to my hand, dear Lord I pray."  (At the age of five I am sure I knew exactly what I was singing about.)   But it was a joy to sing in the choir.

In the third grade I thought I would try out for the school choir, but failed miserably.  I loved music so that I took flute, guitar, accordion (my mom's idea), and piano lessons but never seem to master any of these instruments.  However, after watching some of America's reality shows recently, I may... well, just a thought.

It is true that Thomas Edison, the great inventor of 1,093 US patents in his name (as well as many in Germany, United Kingdom, and France) stated "Many of life's failures by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." 

So if you come by the church where I serve as the lead pastor and I'm sitting at the piano playing and singing, don't laugh, just remember I may be close to success as a very talented singer and musician.  

Don't give up; you may be close to conquering your life long dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment