Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I WANTED TO BE A POLICEMAN

I was asked as a first grader in school "What do you want to be when you grow up?"   My response was, "I want to be a policeman!"  I was fascinated by the policeman (Mr. Hoggnett) in the uniform that patrolled the traffic at "Unity Elementary School", where I attended.

I recently used the quote by J. Wallace Hamilton, "Every person's life is a diary in which he or she means to write one story and is forced to write yet another."  

Life is a funny thing.  It never turns out the way that we thought that it would.  Culture, education, dreams, and decisions we make, all help to write down on unseen pages the story of our life and it never turns out the way that we planned.


But there are some absolute truths about our life that we can be certain about.  
  • God KNEW you before you were ever born. 
    • "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."  Jeremiah 1:5
  • God has GREATER plans for us than what we have for ourselves.
    •  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."  Isaiah 55:8
  • God is ALWAYS writing a new chapter in our life.
    •  "Look at the new thing I am going to do.  It is already happening....I will make a road in the desert and rivers in the dry land."  Isaiah 43:19
Being a P-olicemen would not have been a bad thing but I am glad that God called me to be a P-astor and a P-reacher instead.  (At least I had the first letter correct.)  How did you start out writing your life story and has it turned out different than you planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment